Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Its the most wonderful time of the yearrr.....


Its that time again folks.  The white tents have been up for a few days now, and I'm def. more than ready to catch the bus up to NY for MBFW...(yes, Greyhound, riding in style, but who's complaining? ...at least I get to see a show or two.)  Either way, I'm very excited to see what Tracy Reese, Mara Hoffman, and Jill Stuart have to offer...and of course BCBGMAXAZRIA and Herve Leger.  I also am interested in the ARISE: Promise of Africa Collective Show which will feature some of the most current designers from South Africa, Nigeria, and Madagascar...check the quote below...

New York, NY (September 1, 2009): ARISE Magazine, riding on the success of February's inaugural launch, which culminated in a surprise appearance from international superstar Grace Jones, presents the ARISE Promise of Africa Collective star-studded runway show with four of the brightest design talents from across the African continent to Bryant Park on Friday, September 11, 2009. The show will continue the spectacle of what Hilary Alexander of the London Telegraph called “a style and cultural explosion as colourful and diverse as Africa itself.”

I just don't have tickets/invitation to this one...any suggestions?...I'm about to google.  Either way, I have to finish getting my things together and then I'll be off... Hopefully I can blog from my phone...I'm trying to figure out that one now too... 

No comments: