Saturday, August 22, 2009

Aerosol Obsession

Recently I find myself obsessing over the art of graffiti.  OBSESSING.  I've been painting murals for a long time, but a graffiti mural seems like a whole different world to me.  So I continue to obsess. I read books. I travel w/ digi in tow to capture new murals and tags. I study fonts. I buy cans of paint and face masks from the hardware store, without any knowledge on what to do with these things.  Im obsessing.  

So, upon hanging out with a good friend, I recently let my secret out.  

Me: "yo, so Im really interested in Grafitti..I'm thinking of getting into it."
Blogzworth:"What?! Do you even have a tag?"
Me: "Hmm...didn't get that far yet."
Blogzworth: "hmm, ok"
Me: *I put on shades and strike my best "B-Girl stance"*
Blogzworth: *shakes his head*

So I've decided to get my ish together and make something happen.  I may not be as famous as Lady Pink or have folks coming from afar to photograph my work, but at least Ill get to try a new medium....and venture into a different world. Updates to Come. 


No comments: